now browsing by category
1.TO ENABLE OR DISABLE IN INTERNET EXPLORER
1. In Internet Explorer click on tool on the top menu.
2. Choose Internet Options.
3. Click on the Security tab.
4. Click on Custom Level
5. Scroll down until you see the section labeled ‘Scripting.’
8. Click on OK and refresh your browser to see the effect.
2.TO ENABLE OR DISABLE IN MOZILLA FIREFOX
1. In Mozilla Firefox click on tool on the top menu.
2. Click on Option.
3. Select Content on the navigation tab.
3.TO ENABLE OR DISABLE IN SAFARI 5
1. Apple safari click on the Edit menu.
2. Select on Preferences.
3. Inside preferences click on the Security tab.
4.TO ENABLE OR DISABLE IN GOOGLE CHROME
1. Click on Customize and control google chrome
2. Click on Settings
3. Scroll down at the bottom of the page and click on show advance settings
4. Under privacy
If you love using Windows 7 or its newer family of Windows Operating system then you might probably be aware of what User Account Control (UAC) is. It is that nagging popup that shows up if you try to run an app or try to install something on Windows. User Account Control is a way of Windows notifying you of any changes that are going to be made to your computer especially if that change to be made requires a level of administrative privilege. If you want a more secure computer system then leave User Account Control to its default settings so that apps won’t easily change your system settings without you knowing it.
To Disable User Account Control In Windows 7
Disabling UAC in Windows 7 is easy, to disable it open up Control Panel, it doesn’t matter if you’re viewing control panel in category view or in small or large icon. Type uac on the Control Panel search box then click on the Change User Account Control settings.You can also click on the Start menu and type uac on the search box.
On the User Account Control Settings window, just drag the slider all the way down to totally disable UAC. Dragging the slider up will enable it, select what security level you want to apply then click on the OK button to save your settings.
To Disable User Account Control In Windows 8
To disable UAC in Windows 8 hover your mouse on the lower right edge of your screen, click Settings on the side menu then click on Control Panel. On the Control Panel type uac on the Search text box, then on the search result click on the Change User Account Control settings.
On the User Account Control Settings window drag the slider all the way down to disable UAC or drag the slider up to enable UAC and change security settings. When done click OK button to save your settings
To Disable User Account Control In Windows 8.1
To disable UAC in Windows 8.1 hover your mouse on the lower right edge of your desktop until the side menu appears, click on Search icon and type uac. On the search result click on Change User Account Control settings.
To disable User Account Control drag the slider all the way down or drag the slider up to enable UAC then click on the OK button to save your settings.
Once you connect your computer to the internet or to a network, your Windows operating system will now be vulnerable to attack from hackers and malicious software such as worms, this is true if you don’t have antivirus software installed and your Windows firewall is disabled. By default when you install windows, windows firewall is enabled and therefore disabling all incoming traffic to your computer including ICMP traffic. Just like any other firewall software, Windows firewall can be configured to allow or disallow specific services and ports for example you can allow a particular computer to connect to your computer while other computer will not be able to connect to your computer. In order to enable or disable Windows firewall you must be logged in as an Administrator.
To Enable or Disable Windows Firewall
- Click on Start button >> and then clicking on Control Panel under Control Panel select Windows Firewall.
- In the left pane, click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you are not logged in as an administrator you will be prompted with the Administrator password or if logged in as an administrator you will be prompted with confirmation, please type the password or confirm to continue.
Windows Firewall Settings
1. Turn on Windows Firewall
This is the default setting when Windows is installed. When this setting is on, most programs are blocked from communicating through the firewall. If you want to allow a particular program to communicate through the firewall, you can add it to the list of allowed programs. When you install a program that require an internet connection, you will be ask if you’ll allow or disallow internet connection for this particular software.
2. Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of allowed programs.
Any unsolicited connection attempt to your computer will be block by the firewall. This setting is ideal if you’re connecting to a public network such as hotel, airport, or any public hotspot. Programs you have listed in the allowed programs will be ignored but you can still browse the internet and send and receive email.
3. Notify me when Windows Firewall blocks a new program
Windows firewall will inform you when a program is blocked and give you the option of unblocking that program.
4. Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)
This setting might make your computer and your network more vulnerable to attack from hackers and malicious software such as worms. When you have to do these be sure to have your anti-virus active and up to date this setting is not recommended unless it is necessary to do so, so avoid using this setting.
Windows update is a service provided by Microsoft for windows operating system to download patches to fix security holes and other Microsoft applications such as Microsoft Office. Updating your windows operating system keeps your PC safer and run smoothly.
To setup windows update:
- Click on the Start button and select All programs and click on the Window Update or Click on Start and right click on Computer select Properties and you’ll be shown up with the basic information about your computer. On the lower left pane, click on Windows Update
- To check for available update click on Check for updates.
- Click on Change Settings on the left pane to customize your setting for the Windows Update.
Most probably you don’t need to change any setting and leave the setting as is or you can change the setting to your preferences.